he Hon’ble President of India , in his address to the joint Session of parliament on 9th june 2014 had announced “By the time Nation complete 75 years of its independence, every family will have a pucca house with water connection, toilet facilities, 24x7 electricity supply and access.” Hon’ble Prime Minister envisioned Housing for all by 2022 when the Nation complete 75 years of its Independence. In order to achieve this objective, Central Government has launched a comprehensive mission “Housing for all 2022” Housing for all (HFA) mission is since launched in compliance with the above objective of the Government and with the approval of competent authority. The mission seeks to address the housing requirement of urban poor including slum dwellers through following programme verticals:
- Slum rehabilitation of slum dwellers with participation of private developers using lan as a resource.
- Promotion of affordable housing for weaker section through credit linked subsidy.
- Affordable housing in partnership with public and private sectors.
- Subsidy for beneficiary-led indivisual house construction.
- “Housing for All” mission for urban area will be implemented during 2015-2022 and this mission will provide central assistance to implementing agencies through states and UTs for providing house to all eligible families/ beneficiaries by 2022.
- Mission will be implemented as centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) except for the for the component 1.2 of credit linked subsidy which will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme.
- A beneficiary family will comprise husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters. The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house either in his/her name or in the name of any members of his/her family in any part of India to be eligible to receive central assistance under the mission.
- States/UTs, at their discretion, may decide a cut-off date on which beneficiaries need to be resident of that urban area for being eligible to take benefits under the scheme.
- Mission with all its component has become effective for the date 17.06.2015 and
- will be 1.5 implemented upto 31.03.2022.